Tuesday 30 September 2014




Just like most writers, writing has been my passion for as long as I can remember. From short stories as a child to songs performed in school plays. One way or another I’ve always written.



However, my tale is not one of an overnight success but rather one of a slow burner! It wasn’t until I was a 25 years old and in the very early stages of pregnancy that I decided I might be good enough at writing to finally give into the little voice in my head, the one that had been telling me for years to put the book that I’d been mentally drafting, down on paper. I was a third of the way through when, unfortunately, life decided it had other ideas. Very much out of the blue and barely a few weeks after giving birth, I found myself facing the road ahead as a single mum and in the process of getting divorced. Needless to say, I didn’t write again for years.



Thankfully, after turning my life around and spurred on by my family and young son, I finally put pen to paper again and ‘Dispatches from the dating zone’ was born.



 I’d love to say that when I’m not writing, I’m living the glamorous and over-the-top life of a W.A.G here in Cheshire…but in reality I’m pretty much your average 36 year old, one with too many wobbly bits and a penchant for white wine and chocolate.



Book Blurb



Having exhausted all the conventional ways to meet her ‘Mr Right’ (and because now she really is a little bit desperate), Fleur Summers turns to her well-meaning, but eccentric friends and family for help.



From ‘Man Mountain’; an engineer who eats everything in sight and tall dark handsome Tom with big hands but no idea how to use them, to the mysterious and brooding Henry Austin. Follow the trials and tribulations of Fleur’s journey as she works her way through a number of eventful blind dates, all in the name of finding true love.



Dispatches from the Dating Zone is the racy romantic comedy debut novel from KT Valentine




Twitter: @TheKT_Valentine

Facebook: KT Valentine

Official Website: http://ktvalentine.com/ (The first 3 chapters can be downloaded for free on my website)





- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign