Tuesday 19 July 2016

House of Secrets by Lynda Stacey

Release Date: 19th July 2016
Publisher: Choc Lit
Genres:  Romantic Suspense

I am thrilled to welcome Lynda Stacey to the blog today with a great author interview. Thanks so much Lynda for joining us. Happy publication day also to Lynda. You can now grab your copy of House Of Secrets which sounds like a fascinating read! You can find out a little bit more about the book after the author interview and there's a link to buy your copy! I adore the cover!

AUTHOR INTERVIEW

Do you write under your real name or is this a pen name you use?

No, I don't use a pen name. Some day's I'm so busy, I'd forget who I really was at that point in time. The name Lynda Stacey is my own.

Where are you from?

I'm from Doncaster in South Yorkshire. My father was a miner and I've always lived and worked here. I'm also the Sales Director for a stationery and office supplies company in the town. Around 9 years ago, I found an old, practically derelict bungalow in the countryside. It's literally in the middle of a field and I love it so much that quite honestly, the only time I plan on moving is when I'm the one in a box. Lol.

List 3 interesting facts about yourself. 

Wow... something interesting about me. I'm just normal. I'm a wife, step-mother and grand-mother, but other than that... what have I done that's interesting? Well, I was a Scuba Diving Instructor. I used to teach people to dive from their first breaths, right through to becoming instructors themselves. I was also a model in my younger days and now I'm an author, but I think that's as interesting as I get.


What was the first thing you ever had published?

I was first published in Dealer Support magazine. It's an industry magazine for the stationery and office supplies industry. I believe it was an article about First Aid in the workplace.

Do you have a writing routine?

My routine is sporadic. I work full time in a high pressure job, and my best times to write are very early on Saturday and Sunday mornings. I steal a few hours before the rest of the house wakes up. (Which basically means that when the husband gets up and wants to chat, I can't concentrate anymore and end up putting the kettle on ha ha.)


Do you have any writing rituals? 
No, sorry. I have no rituals. I'm just happy when the words hit the page.


Where did the idea for your most recent book come from?

My debut novel, House of Secrets, came from a country house hotel in Scarborough, called Wrea Head Hall. My husband took me there for a birthday and I fell in love with it the moment I walked in through the large gothic doorway. The history seeped out through the walls, it always had a story to tell and I immediately began digging the owner, Mr Gerald Arburrow for information about it's past. He was very supportive, gave me permission to write the book and after finishing the novel, I gave him the manuscript to read. Luckily for me, he loved it.



Who was the first person you shared your book with? 

My husband. He's very honest. We used to go out for tea, go over plot ideas and he helped me come up with some of the story. So it was only fair that he got to read it first. 


Do you have a current work in progress?

I've just finished writing my 3rd novel and I'm currently researching the next one. I come from a mining background and want to write a time slip with that as a theme.


Do you have any advice for budding authors?

Keep writing and don't ever stop. Even if you only write a few words a day, do them. And follow your dreams, I did and look what happened.
Also, join either the Romantic Novelist Association or the Crime Writers Association. Go to the conferences, mix with agents, editors and publishers. Networking really helps in this industry.

Author bio 


I’m the Sales Director for a stationery and office supplies company in Doncaster. I’ve also been a nurse, an emergency first response instructor and a PADI Staff Instructor (which is a Scuba diving instructor who can teach people to be instructors themselves).

I’ve always loved to read and from a very early age I knew that one day I’d be an author. I left school at 15, but before I left I went to my careers advice officer and he asked me what I’d like to do. When I said that I’d like to write or become a journalist, he asked me if  I’d ever thought of working at Boots the Chemist, Littlewoods or BHS. My dream of becoming an author diminished and I carried on with life.

In 2008, I was involved in a car accident that damaged all the nerves in my shoulder. I couldn’t dive, or teach anymore and was left with many hours on my hands. It was then that I once again turned to my love of writing and found that I naturally steered towards creating stories of romantic suspense.
My own life story, along with varied career choices helps me create both unique heroes and heroines. I like to give them challenging back stories, unpredictable plots and eventually, (as in all romance) happy endings.

I joined the RNA in 2014 under the wonderful umbrella of the New Writers Scheme and in 2015, my debut novel ‘House of Secrets' won the Choc Lit & Wholestory Audio books, Search for a Star competition.

I happily live in a small rural hamlet near Doncaster, with my wonderful hero at home husband, Haydn.

@Lyndastacey on twitter
 

Book Blurb

A woman on the run, a broken man and a house with a shocking secret …
Madeleine Frost has to get away. Her partner Liam has become increasingly controlling to the point that Maddie fears for her safety, and that of her young daughter Poppy. .
Desperation leads Maddie to the hotel owned by her estranged father – the extraordinarily beautiful Wrea Head Hall in Yorkshire. There, she meets Christopher ‘Bandit’ Lawless, an ex-marine and the gamekeeper of the hall, whose brusque manner conceals a painful past.
After discovering a diary belonging to a previous owner, Maddie and Bandit find themselves immersed in the history of the old house, uncovering its secrets, scandals, tragedies – and, all the while, becoming closer.
But Liam still won’t let go, he wants Maddie back, and when Liam wants something he gets it, no matter who he hurts …


Winner of Choc Lit & Whole Story Audiobooks 2015 Search for a Star competition.



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30690749-house-of-secrets?ac=1&from_search=true


- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign